I am a Computer Scientist working in Artificial Intelligence.
Hello, I am Dhivya Chinnappa.
I am a Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning researcher. I work for Thomson Reuters as a Research Scientist. My current research focuses around legal natural language processing.
I received my PhD in Computer Science with specialization in Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning from the Human Intelligence and Language Technologies Lab at the University of North Texas under the guidance of Dr. Eduardo Blanco (currently at Arizona State University).
- I will be a panelist at the ACM-W Machine Learning Professional panel on Machine Learning Careers: Looking Beyond the Hype on October 20th 2021.
- I presented on Multimodal Machine Learning: How to approach? at the Richard Tapia conference on Sep. 15th 2021.
- My colleagues from Thomson Reuters and I presented on the topic Fair and Ethical AI: A Closer Look At the Legal Domain at ILTACON21. See our presentation slides here (Courtesy: Dawn Sepehr).
- Our team from Thomson Reuters participated in all five tasks in COLIEE-2021. Watch the video presentation of our paper A Pentapus Grapples with Legal Reasoning here.
- I presented on Multimodal Machine Learning: How to approach? at the Women in Data Science Puget Sound Conference.